Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I really hate to iron. I mean REALLY hate to iron. I love my hubby, but he learned very quickly when we were first married that although I do lots of things for him ironing is where I draw the line! Now I'll do it if there is no other alternative but there is ALWAYS an alternative, like find something else to wear!


So when Downy came out with Wrinkle Release I was instantly in love! However, I did not care for the cost. Did you know you can make your own wrinkle release for pennies!? 




Here's how:


1/4 cup (or 1 capful) Fabric softener of your choice (even the unscented versions for those with sensitive skin)
Water to fill the rest of your bottle
squirt bottle (if using one of those small bottles reduce softener to 2 Tablespoons)
**I just reused my empty wrinkle release bottle


Mix all together in the bottle and TA DA! Homemade Wrinkle Releaser! 


***I've been using the homemade version for close to two years and have NEVER had a problem with it leaving marks or stains on my clothes. If you are concerned, spray on the inside of your shirt or waistline to spot check. I would avoid using this on silks or satiny material that tend to show water spots normally.

2 comments:

  1. I recently got a recipe on how to make your own detergent. My niece does it and she said it saves lots of money. Let me know if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually use to make my own, until I discovered couponing! The homemade stuff works great, but I like free(or really close to it) better!

    ReplyDelete