Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Quest to Lose Weight and Make A Change

It's a new year and of course everyone has new year resolutions! I'm not a big resolution maker myself. I think people set the hopes too high and try to jump into something and get in way over their heads only to be disappointed by failure. I don't know about you but that is NOT a great way to start off the year. The following is not my New Year Resolution, but instead an attempt to change my life and that of my family for good!


My husband set the bar high last year when he decided to make a lifestyle change and started working towards losing 100 pounds! I'm proud to say that as of today (one year later) he is only 3 pounds away from meeting that goal. He is such an inspiration! I jumped on the bandwagon! I'm proud to say that since issuing the "Weight Lose Challenge" this summer to my House of Collum readers I have successfully lost 20 pounds and kept it off! I still have a long way to go! 


Being a stay at home mom of two, keeping my nephew, homeschooling all 3, blogging and being a housewife it's hard to find time to fit in exercise. Yeah I could wake up earlier and exercise, but I really love my sleep! Besides how can I keep this face of mine looking so great with my beauty sleep?! :) So starting today the exercise is coming into play at naptime. I'm starting the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Pray for me!


In addition to my goal of adding more exercise to my life I feel God has really been laying on my heart to make a change in our home to a more natural way of eating and living. I see so many young girls starting puberty so early, the rate of cancer diagnoses rising every year and I can't help but think it's because of what's going into our bodies. I long for a more natural lifestyle. So I'm in the process of lots of research on the chemicals in our food and how I can make healthy, budget friendly changes for my family. I'll be posting more about that next week.


Have you gone on, or are you wanting to start this journey to a healthier lifestyle for you and your family? Do you have a favorite or not so favorite workout program? I would love for you to share your experiences and join with me to make this journey together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I apologize for not coming by sooner! I am now your newest follower!

    Good luck on your weight loss adventure. I used to be 70 pounds heavier, and you can read my story here:
    http://thefrugalfreegal.com/2010/12/my-weight-loss-story.html

    I now teach cycle classes at the gym regularly!

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete