Monday, January 23, 2012

Two Fat Chicks Running: Week 3

Whew! Week 3 done! I'm exhausted and my legs hurt! Wait did I say that last week too? That would be because it's true! Today starts Week 4 and I'm a little afraid! The schedule says we should be running 2 minutes and walking 1 minute. I am NO WHERE close to that and my Mom is farther behind than that. BUT, we are not discouraged because we are out doing something!  Trying to keep ourselves motivated because we are half way there! I love this quote that our trainer, Lisa, sent this week:

"You also need to look back, not just at the people who are running behind you but especially at those who don't run and never will... those who run but don't race...those who started training for a race but didn't carry through...those who got to the starting line but didn't in the finish line...those who once raced better than you but no longer run at all. You're still here. Take pride in wherever you finish. Look at all the people you've outlasted." ~Joe Henderson


Mom and I didn't get to run Friday because I had to pick up my hubby at our running time (forgot I had the car!). So Saturday I got up and ran with my friend Juliana. Juliana is just getting back into running after long absence. Let's just say that she is in WAY better shape than me and really pushed me to keep up with her pace. We went 2.1 miles (not running the entire thing) and our average pace was 18 minutes per mile. That's a pretty decent rate. So I set two new milestones this week, ran my farthest distance ever AND went the fastest I've ever gone!


Despite reaching two new milestones, the scale hasn't reflected a difference, but I feel "skinnier" does that make sense? I can look at my body and tell a difference, so maybe I lost inches instead of pounds this week. I'm cool with that.

As dedicated as I'm trying to become with running, there is another dedication that I'm trying to focus on too and haven't been as successful or consistent. My Ephesians Bible study. I did two out of five days this week... yikes! However, that's more than I've done before. I've also slacked on my 31 Days to a Better Spouse...we wont' talk about how far behind I am on that one! Speaking of my other half, he posted this verse the other day and I'm trying to take it to heart.

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. http://bible.us/1Tim4.8.NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment