Monday, January 16, 2012

Two Fat Chicks Running- Week 2

Well week 2 of the Couch 2 5k training program is over! Only 6 weeks to go! I feel so accomplished because now I can count on TWO hands how many times I've ran in my life! Yes, that's right I said LIFE! Week 2 weigh in: Another pound lost! I'm also starting a modified meal plan this week that was given to me by our instructor. I was amazed to see it was REAL food! Not unflavored tofu with cardboard rice cakes and brown rice. It's beef stir fry, red beans and rice, fruit, cereal, yogurt and such. That is doable in my book!

There has NEVER been a time in my life that I was skinny or didn't struggle with self image. I've been overweight my entire life. Our pastor, Dustin, did a sermon yesterday about the Biblical view of the human body (this is a recap of his words from my notes).  Our bodies are sacred (Genesis 2:7)! God breathed His spirit into us- we are valuable "dirt". God made us in His image, breathed life into dirt! Amazing! That means I am valuable and worthy, a thought I've struggled with for a long time. Am I perfect? No, not in any way! My weight, my life, my faith; I fail in some way every day, but I know that I'm forgiven for those failings. The hardest part is forgiving myself! Even if my body isn't perfect God still loves me. He proved that love for me 2,000 years ago by what He did with His body on the cross. That lifts my spirits and gives me hope that I can over come this "thing" in my life that is keeping me from finding my pleasure in God. I've exalted my appetite of eating to deal with problems over my appetite for Jesus.  If I would turn to Him in times of trouble or doubt instead of food I could overcome this "thing" in my life.

So what's the plan? Moderation, exercise, rest (because even God rested) and time spent daily with my Bible and Him. I started the Good Morning Girls Ephesians Bible study today.

How are you doing with your New Year Resolutions? Keeping on task? Not giving up? Need some encouragement? Why don't you share!?

No comments:

Post a Comment