Monday, January 9, 2012

Two Fat Chicks Running: Week 1 Review

That's right! Each week I'll be giving you an update on how the lifestyle change is going. We are starting week 2 today of the Couch 2 5k program, but first a review of week 1.

Me and the hubby at the
Chefs of the Coast Run
We made it out to Gulfport last Monday for the first day of the Couch to 5k program. Seems like a great group of people with all kinds of experience and health levels. I quickly made friends with the trainer that would be at the back of the pack because I knew that is where I would be. Without fail, my Mom and I were at the very end with a pretty large gap between us and the rest of the group, BUT we did it!

We met again at my house Wednesday and followed the scheduled run. I was sick with a 24 bug on Friday so we didn't get to run, but I did get up on Saturday and ran my farthest distance to date 1 1/2 miles!

I did not change my diet in anyway, except that I did try to take in more water than I normally do, otherwise I ate what I wanted. At my weekly weigh in this morning I was down 1 pound. Not much, but I'll take it! At this rate of 1 lb. a week I should reach my goal in..........well we just won't talk about that right now!

Anyone else resolve to battle the bulge or just get healthy this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment