Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recipes: Homemade Mac and cheese

I usually promote saving money in any way shape or form, but this recipe is just too good to not pass along! My Mother in Law, Hope, makes possibly the world's BEST mac and cheese. It's not that boxed stuff that we get for $0.25 using our coupons, but it is wonderful, cheesy goodness that only a seasoned cook can make. I have that recipe and use it from time to time, BUT one night while eating with our dear friends, Will and Dawn, I was handed a plate full of what looked like my mother in law's mac and cheese. But I was wrong! It was much simpler and just as tasty!

This is my go to recipe for Sunday dinners and cookouts. I use my cheap mac and cheese for weeknight dinners.

Enjoy!

Dawn's Mac and Cheese

2 1/2 c. milk
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
1 1/2 c. noodles, UNCOOKED
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use some non stick spray on a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer the ingredients (3/4 c. noodles, 1 1/4 c. milk, 1 c. cheese, salt and pepper; repeat) Bake for 1 hour.

Trust me! The noodles will be perfectly cooked and wonderfully cheesy!

No comments:

Post a Comment