Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mom, I'm Bored!





SF Beaverton
Summer is here and it officially starts the continues chant of "Mom, I'm Bored!" We do not homeschool during the summer. I need the break as much as they do! We do small things here and there just to keep the summer brain mush syndrome at bay. We've worked too hard during the school year to lose it all now! I usually grab one of those "all in one" workbooks to help them review what they've learned.


This year I'm taking a different approach! I've seen all these great ideas on Pinterest for boredom jars, summer bucket lists, etc. All great ideas, but not doable in our house with a limited budget and usually only the use of a vehicle a few times a week. I've combined all these ideas into one, including a schedule to help keep us on task, off the computer (mostly for me) and away from the tv for hours on end!  


I made my schedule all girly and colorful, don't feel like you have to do the same. Make your own! These are laminated and hanging on one of our school cabinets. 




I KNOW we will not follow this to the exact minute, other things will pop up, illness, vacation, unexpected play dates. So we are completely flexible, but I hope this will help curb some of the "Mom, I'm bored!" that we all hear each summer. 

A description of activities, etc. will be posted soon.

Have you done a project like this? How did it turn out? I'd love to hear your comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment